What you need to know
What you need to do when your doctor prescribes the FreeStyle Libre Pro Sensor
- Wear the sensor on the back of your upper arm for up to 14 days
- Continue regular blood glucose self-testing per your doctor's recommendation
- Maintain a daily log of your blood glucose readings, diet, exercise, and insulin
Don't stop testing!
The FreeStyle Libre Pro sensor is not a replacement for self-monitoring of blood glucose.
Continue your normal testing routine while wearing the sensor.
A little extra care
The sensor is comfortable enough to forget it's there. Use care to avoid accidentally loosening or removing it.
Your sensor is water-resistant and can be worn while bathing, showering, or swimming as long as you:
- Do not take it deeper than 3 feet (1 meter)
- Do not keep it under water for longer than 30 minutes at a time
Use care to avoid catching the sensor on clothing while getting dressed.
Intense exercise may cause the sensor to loosen due to sweat or movement of the sensor.
If you have an MRI, a CT scan, or diathermy treatment, you must remove your sensor prior to the procedure. Notify your healthcare provider.
Notify security at the airport checkpoint.
Removing the Sensor
Pull up the edge of the adhesive that keeps your sensor attached to your skin. Slowly peel away from your skin in one motion.
Note: Any remaining adhesive residue on the skin can be removed with warm soapy water or isopropyl alcohol.
CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IF:
- Your sensor becomes loose or is removed
- You have irritation or discomfort at the sensor site
- You have questions about your sensor